Wednesday 1 August 2012

New Beginnings

I am new to the world of blogging, in fact this is my first ever blog post.

Writing this blog is difficult for me, in order to begin typing I have eaten half a bag of chips, some chocolate all washed down with a coke. I am terrified of the road ahead, and the thought of blogging about my life, my insecurities, my weight and my emotions frightens me, and inevitably drives me to eat.

Anthony Robbins (the American life coach and Author) states that change only happens when you will not tolerate things staying the same. There are so many things in my life that I can't live with any more - things that can't stay the same. I am obese, I am unfit, I am sick, I am constantly tired, I am not the best mother I can be, I am full of self hatred, and worst of all - I lack passion for my life. These things must change! I can no longer participate in a life, where I lay on my couch in a messy house feeling too tired and much too sick to do anything else.

Yesterday I signed up to participate in a program to help me regain my health, it is a program that will teach me about all aspects of health. I will expand on my knowledge about nutrition, and it will teach me about exercise and mindset. I tend to eat my emotions rather than feel them. My biggest hope is that the program will help me learn to feel my emotions, removing my desire to eat crap food to suppress them. I don't exercise - I hate exercise. I have had limited successes in the past with exercising, I lose weight, feel better, then I fall of the wagon, hate myself and eat the weight back on.

I also make excuses. I'm too tired, I lack motivation, I don't have time (my favourite - considering the amount of time I spend lying on the couch), the kids need me, it hurts too much, my fibromyalgia is flaring, I deserve a treat, I can't afford the gym, it's easier not to......... it never stops - and I'm full of shit! When I think about how lazy I am I despise myself - why would anyone like who I've let myself become?

The first pre-season challenge on the programme is to list my excuses - and then write a solution for my excuse. It isn't an easy task, if I analyse and admit that the things that have been holding me back are excuses, not reasons - then I will have no reason not to succeed. I have become a master of self-sabotage over the years, with every step forward, I take two giant leaps back. This will require thought......

In the next 16 weeks, (12 week challenge and 4 week pre-season) I hope to find myself. A better version of myself, a happier, healthier, fitter, skinnier, sexier version of myself. I will do my best to follow the program, and to not sabotage myself - because I will not tolerate continuing a life without passion!






7 comments:

  1. Oh my golly girl,
    YOU JUST FELT YOUR FEELINGS!!!!
    I am soooo proud of you. I think this a wonderful blog, i love the way you write, I could read your writing all day.. Cant wait to read the nexr installment!!
    Congratulations on having the courage to save your life and to begin a new chapter <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the feedback! It is very intimidating for me to do this, so your awesome feedback is really much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. This is amazingly honest and admirable Honey, really looking forward to reading your journey xx I wrote bits a while back in my blog - it was really hard, but such a healing process! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Ms R. I am hoping it is one of those things that gets easier as you do it! :D

      Delete
  3. I can relate to a lot of what you put down here. Raw emotion and that is the key to changing your mindset (which will be nmassively important on the journey) and you will succeed. If I can you will. Go for it.

    Here is my blog, which you will see covers a lot of the things you will encounter. This is my first round, so I understand where you are coming from only recently.

    http://leitchy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Greg, I look forward to looking at your blog. I am so inspired by the other members! Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on such an honest post!!!

    ReplyDelete