Saturday 25 August 2012

More set backs!



Imagine my devastation at having a fall on Thursday and rolling my ankle! Only days away from my start date for the 12WBT and I'd rendered myself useless. The doctor doesn't want me to run on my ankle for a month to six weeks. I have the perfect excuse to sit on my ass and not train - but for some reason, something in me has already changed, now I want to be able to train.

I'm not sure what has switched in me, what has made the change in my thinking, as I haven't even started the program yet, and already I feel different. I feel like I deserve to be a better me, and I want to do well with my first round. I'm a bit of a geek, and the thought of seeing my numbers change is sure going to help keep me motivated. 

Today, I woke up, slathered my ankle with comfrey, strapped then braced my ankle and wedged it into a sneaker. I jogged/walked my 1km time trial, in just over 10 mins (10.12) and did it holding the hand of my daughter. She is very proud of me for not making excuses, and I must admit, I'm a little proud of myself too. For the next month I'm going to listen to the doctor, and I'll do bike/boxing work to get my heart rate up, but I'm glad I went for a jog with my little girl today. 

This afternoon, the kids and I will do a cook up from the week 1 menu, and then I'll do the nasty photo task and take measurements. I'm going into this with the attitude that I can't possibly fail if I set myself up for success!  This time I will JFDI!!!!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Well done Bella. There is a guy that has just left the program (Albert) after 8 rounds and he broke his big toe on day 1 of his first round. He ended up losing 20 kilos at the end of that round as he found other ways to do the training.

    You can do it, if you want to do it and you have already made that choice. If you want any help just ask the admins on the site in the forums, they will give you stuff to do so you can still exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps Greg! I am totally determined, and the Doctor said I can basically do anything that doesn't cause pain so long as the ankle is braced! So bring it on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeepers, that looks so painful. Your determination is something you can be very proud of.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete