Sunday 14 July 2013

Never say never!

I am not good at failing. I have very high expectations of myself - and I don't like it when I don't meet them. With my weight I have not met them. Last year, when I began 12WBT I was not a happy woman but  I did pretty well. I lost over 12 kg and I lost nearly a metre in measurements from my body.

12 months on, and I am 1kg less than I was when I started. Those of you who know me, know I've had a hard time recently - and that I'm using all the old crutches to cope. Last time I did 12WBT I had issues, and I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to do another round, but to be honest - I've hit rock bottom again. Last time I felt like this it was Michelle who helped me to find some mental clarity, throw away my excuses and JFDI.

I seem to have found a whole lot of excuses with the extra weight - and I need to let them go. I was blessed to meet my dearest friend through the program, and she has promised to do it with me - so I have an accountability buddy joining me on the journey.

I am going to try to blog more as a way of staying accountable to myself, family and friends. Tomorrow is pre-season kick off - tomorrow, it all begins! Let's hope this time I find the what it takes to stick with it.

I never thought I'd go back to 12WBT or any program to help me lose weight or become healthy again.... I was so confident that I had it all under control - good thing I believe in never saying never!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't know why but your blog stopped updating in my feedly, I didn't realise you were back to posting again. I deleted the blog from the feedly and reset it and now seems to be right again.

    You know don't be too hard on yourself. I've said in the past, it's not like you wake up one day and say, hmmm, I might gain 20 kg this year. It's just that one day you look in the mirror and see it and think how on earth did that happen?

    OKay so you've done it before, you WILL do it again. I do think that blogging will help, keep you accountable. I know I tend to slacken off blogging when I'm not doing too good, and then the cycle begins. I need to own it and move on.

    You can do it. We're all here for you mate.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete