Thursday 13 September 2012

Sunshine and happy days


So this rather awful 'selfie' is to show off one of my exciting new items of the day. My lovely friend had this gorgeous top on one of the facebook Buy, Swap & Sell sites. It is a size 14, so I bought it with the hope of fitting into it by the end of the round. IT FITS ME NOW!!!!!! I'll be honest, if it fits me now, it's a very, very generous size 14, but that is what the tag says, and my friend who sold it to me is quite a bit smaller up top so it must have hung off her - all the same, I'm excited. Add to my excitement, the jeans in the pic, which are quite tight - size 16's that I've never fitted into. In January, I was a size 22, and weighed in at 114.9 - when I signed up for 12WBT, I was a size 20 and weighed 107.9. To fit into clothes with 16 & 14 on he label is awesome!!! I've only got 1.8 to get under 100. I haven't been under 100kg since the birth of my daughter Miss J 10 1/2 years ago!

I went for a job interview in my casual attire today - and got the job. It is a cleaning job at a local accommodation place that sleeps up to 120 people. Several years ago, I used to clean offices for a part time job. I am a big believer in moving forward, and I always said I wouldn't go back to cleaning or food service jobs again.

 Then a friend put it into perspective for me -
1. You want to go to Sydney
2. You don't get paid to clean at home!
3. Someone actually wants to pay you to clean for them
4. They want to pay you to burn calories

So ok, this all makes perfect sense to me - and to be honest, I'm not in any way a job snob, but I've worked really hard in the last few years with my study, and I want to feel like I am moving forward with my life, not going back to where I was years ago. However, the job and money suit me well, the people are really nice and totally cool with my need for flexibility because of my study/kids/life. 
If I want to change my field of study to holistic medicine next year (which I'm seriously considering) I will need some serious job flexibility and I think I'll have it here. I also liked the couple who run the place very much, and feel that they could really use a break, they are so tired from running the place 24/7 for many years - them having me will lighten the load. 
I also got an update on my Great-Uncle, he is lucid, his memory is good, and he's got sensation in the fingers on both sides.... He still can't move his hand or arm on the paralysed side, but the doctors say the feeling is very promising. 


So all in all, today is a great day - my clothes fit, I got a job, and my Uncle is doing better. 
Life is just so much better on the days you wake up to a warm sun!


S

2 comments:

  1. Well you have a wise friend, save those cleaning pennies, who knows we may bump into each other as I'm definitely going to Sydney! If you want a great tip for good, clean and CHEAP accommodation yell out. As for the top, go you! How fabulous. I hate that we are defined by a number in our clothes but that's the way the world is I guess. Still, you must be feeling fabulous.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I'm still not sure about Sydney, but if I get there I may just ask for help with accommodation! I have no interest in the party, competing against anyone for a prize, and very little interest in the group workout. I might just have to bite the bullet and wait till Melbourne to meet everyone?

      Delete