Saturday 1 February 2014

Taking responsibility

So I came to a realisation tonight. Most people don't own their weight gain and health issues. They make excuses. It's hereditary. I have a slow metabolism. I have a thyroid issue (this was my fave as I do have a thyroid issue). I just can't lose weight so I've stopped trying. All excuses.

I think the little excuses we make every day are the ones that keep us big. For example, at the moment, I'm on a total elimination diet. Essentially all I'm eating is meat and green veggies. No dairy, no grains no nuts, legumes or seeds and no sugar. My son is on the same protocol as me, and I've gotta say, we're kicking goals - I'm at 4.5kg and he's at 2.2kg lost this week, and we both feel fabulous - I mean hard core awesome. Bursting with energy.

I know wheat is no good for me, but last night after a week of virtuous eating, I decide I want home-made dim-sims from the local take away. I know what's in them, and they're not bad for me, right. I mean all they are is pork, onions and soy in dim sim wrappers......   so I talk myself into it, despite the nagging voice in the back of my head screaming STOP THERE IS WHEAT IN THAT. I don't listen. I inhale three of those bad boys.

This morning I weighed in (I'm doing it daily on the protocol checking for signs of daily inflammation) and I weigh 900g more than yesterday. I didn't put on a kilo of fat overnight, so I know it's inflammation - why? Because despite knowing I can't eat wheat, I did. My excuse was that it was homemade and I knew the ingredients, so it was ok. It was not ok.

So excuses are bad, letting ourselves eat things we know are bad for our bodies is bad. Eating our way to bad health - is not cool!

So once and for all, I'm throwing away my excuses.

I am fat because of years of abuse to my body.
I am fat because of hundreds of thousands of sugary calories.
I am fat because I obsessed about my weight - and NEVER considered my health.
I am fat because I drank far more alcohol than I should have. 

I am fat because I told myself 'just one won't hurt'.
I am fat because every time I put junk in my mouth I said 'everything in moderation'.
I am fat because I ate from boxes, fast food chains and didn't know better.
I am fat because I didn't love myself.
I am fat because I didn't want to educate myself.
I am fat because I had no self control.
I am fat because I took the easy way out - the convenient way out
I am fat because I blamed others for my weight, saying it was hereditary
I am fat because I believed all my excuses





I don't believe them anymore.


M x


3 comments:

  1. YEAH BABY!!
    Wow, that was a big one….I think you dived right in to my brain and found all my weak spots….my excuses.
    So proud of you and your admissions. You really are inspiring me every day, I hope this protocol just gets better and better, and wiser and wiser, for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my beautiful friend. My excuses are my weak spot - I guess they're probably most of our weak spots. I'm learning to see them for what they are - that's a good thing. ;)

      Delete
  2. That is huge (no pun intended), what a post, putting it out there, be very proud of yourself being able to put it all into words.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete