Friday 3 January 2014

Good friends and happiness

Sometimes happiness is just doing nothing - and doing it with friends. Today was one of those days for me. It was truly wonderful.

I had plans to meet a friend and her kids for coffee at a local playground. The kids played happily while we sat and caught up. The topic moved on to happiness, and we are both resolute that this year, we are working hard to find our happy.

My friend is well traveled, and I am not. We have decided to plan a trip together, as I'm nervous at the thought of travelling alone to a foreign country alone. We haven't really decided where we would like to go, but we're determined to just do it.

The last month, while I've been off work has been wonderful for me, tripping round the farm, doing what I want, hanging out with the kids. I've enjoyed every moment. However not working means I have to be careful with finances. I do fine and don't really go without, but I can't really afford an overseas trip. So I'm not sure how we'll manage it, but I've put it out to the universe that I really want to travel this year!

After a wonderful Indian food lunch in the park, my friend and I part ways. I had planned to visit another friend at her farm to see her beautiful baby goats. I had a lovely catch up with her and her hubby while wandering around their beautiful farm. Discussions again moved to work life balance, and I mentioned how wonderfully happy I am when I'm at the farm, but how I'd like a couple of days of work for things like travel and the little luxuries I can't afford at the moment.

After I left S&J's farm, I came home. My phone rang as I walked through the door. A friend from my old place of employment called me to see if I was available to do some work with her department. I had promised myself I wouldn't go back to work until the end of the holidays - unless I could get work in this particular department. In fact, I've been seeking work in this department for 6 months. A few months ago I was having a hard time at work, and the people in this department were amazing, they supported me through the whole thing, and have kept in touch even when I've been working in other branches. It really was an offer too good to refuse.

I feel like things are all dropping into place for me because of my Happiness Project. I'm finally putting it out there, what I want, and it's happening. The trip with Ms J really seems like it's possible now I'll be back at work. The flexible hours will help me have a healthier work life balance than I had in 2013. The farm will help me live a greener, more sustainable life. My friends and family will bring me love and happiness.

2014 is looking to be a wonderful year. I am so grateful for that.

Hope you are all feeling happiness today.

Mx



No comments:

Post a Comment