Friday 1 February 2013

Guilt Free Honey Joys!


These are basically the ingredients I used for my honey joys. It isn't at all difficult to make them. For me, it was just a matter of getting better quality cornflakes, with less sodium and sugar, replacing the cup of icing sugar with a better quality sweetener, and replacing the butter with a better quality oil. With most of my recipes, I try to incorporate a superfood - just because you can never have too many..... so I picked white chia for this one.

This recipe is nut free/gluten free/wheat free/ dairy free. 

Melt in a saucepan
100g coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp Stevia
2 Tbsp Rapadura Sugar (or organic raw sugar if you have it) 
1 egg - which is used to emulsify the ingredients. If you don't use egg, add another 2 Tbsp coconut oil

once melted add 2 Tbsp white chia seeds.


Add too 3 cups of Corn Flakes - I use freedom foods low sugar/sodium corn flakes and mix well.

Place mix into 24 patty pans, and put in moderate oven for 15 mins.





The kids won't even know these are a healthy alternative! They taste just like the real thing, but with a fraction of the refined sugar, salt, animal fats.

Enjoy xx




NB. I would like to state that I no way commercially endorse any of these product. This blog is not a sponsored blog - I use these products because at the time of publishing, they are the best I can source in a small country town!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh now that's a keeper for Birthday Parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste so good, the kids won't know the difference!

      Delete
  2. OMG you have just taken me back years, I haven't had a honey joy in forever. Great variation to the traditional recipe you've done!
    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete